Saturday, April 9, 2011

Funny Story

President N. Eldon Tanner told a humorous story about a young boy who had invited several friends to a party. It was scheduled to be held outside, but the weather turned bad and the boys moved indoors. As the noise level reached greater and greater intensity, the mother came up with an idea. She announced a contest to see which boy could make the ugliest face. A prize would even be given to the winner.
After the boys had practice for several minutes, the father came in to select the winner. He walked around the room looking carefully at each boy until he finally said that he was ready to announce his decision. He then stopped in front of one of the boys and said, "You are the winner." The surprised boy replied, "But I wasn't even playing."


I need to learn to present myself better. I always feel happy, but people always tell me I always look bored or sad. I don't want this to ever happen to me though, so I'm going to work hard on it. Even if we aren't trying, we're being an example and so we need to make sure we represent ourselves well so that no one will judge us wrongly or make quick assumptions about the church.

No comments: