Friday, April 8, 2011

So I Don't Get Discouraged

Lots has been going on lately.. Mostly regarding my health. Let's just say...it'll be a glorious day when this is over. For now, here's a story I really like. It's from "Living the Book of Mormon"

"Elder Hugh B. Brown and two other officers entered the city of Arras while it was under siege. The city had been evacuated, and Elder Brown thought that no one was in the city. He described what they found when they entered a cathedral:

"There we found a little woman kneeling at an alter. We paused, respecting her
devotion. Then shortly she arose, wrapped her little shawl around her frail shoulders, and came tottering down the aisle. The man among us who could speak better French said, "Are you in
trouble?" She straightened her shoulders, pulled in her chin, and said, "No, I'm not in trouble. I was in trouble when I came here, but I've left it there at the altar." "And what was your trouble?"
She said, "I received word this morning that my fifth son has given his life for France. Their father went first, and then one by one all of them have gone. But," straightening again, "I have no trouble; I've left it there because I believe in the immortality of the soul. I believe that men will live after death. I know I shall meet my loved ones again." "


She lost 6 members of her family...all of her family...yet she was okay because she dropped off her troubles and had faith. What an amazing testimony. I definitely don't have troubles like this going on in my life. And I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and there's a reason why I'm sick and in the end it'll all be for my benefit. Because, that's the way it always is :).

No comments: