Sunday, November 1, 2009

Why I Blog

The last couple of days and weeks I've been trying to think of why I blog, is it for me or the readers, is it for a place to vent or a place to count my blessings, why is it there?
I think the very first thought that came to mind when I started my blog is "I want to be like them", them meaning all of my family members out there who have popular blogs that are read regularly. I wanted to be popular on the blogosphere and have people look to me for inspiration, their daily laughs, or whatever. Now I'm realizing, that is a bad goal to have in mind. Here are my goals that I think I have for my blog.
1. I want it to be a place where people can know what I believe. I want it to be a place where I can share my testimony and a place where I don't have to be afraid to express that. How lucky I am to be in a country where I can do that!
2. I want it to be a place where people can be inspired. I don't want it to be a place where there is a bunch of negativity, although I'm not going to limit myself (I have my bad days). I want to share uplifting things in the world that is so full of bad things.
3. I want it to be a journal. So many things happen that are great to have a record of. It's exciting to go back and read what I've written and see how I was feeling, and see how my style has changed or improved.
4. I want it to be inviting. I want to keep it changing and a place where it has an inviting mood and is fun to look at so people want to read it. (this is kind of starting to sound like a house, maybe that's why I like it, it's MINE and I can do whatever I want with it and if somethings wrong with it it's my problem, not because of what a family member did.) I want the music to be positive, the language to be clean (though, can you really see me swearing in real life, let alone on a blog?). The whole look of it needs to be appealing, not to pick on anyone, please forgive me if your blog is like this, but I can't stand the blog backgrounds that are all about trends, peace signs, dark hearts, twilight backgrounds (though I'm a fan as much as anyone else), neon colors, etc. Keep it simple and clean, that's who I am.
5. I want to have it be dependable. If you look at my archive I have really REALLY stepped it up when it comes to writing. When I first started I wrote 3/4 posts a MONTH. Last month I wrote 22! That's only 9 days I missed that month. I am doing better than those family members I looked up to for regular blogging. I want it to be a place where you can count on me being there.
6. I want to be an example. I want people out there to be able to look at my blog and say "hey, not all teenagers are into icky stuff, some actually know what they are talking about, some have dreams and goals and know who they are and realize they aren't the only person in the universe". I was going to start into something but it has to be for a later time. I want it to be a place where people can see the benefit of the young women's program and what a difference it makes in MY life, can't even mention all those around me. I want those reading to know I'm just like you, I have trials and strengths. The thing that is getting me through is my faith in Jesus Christ and the church, that's the difference. And I hope that by blogging you can see that.

Anyways, hopefully my blog posts will be for the benefit of those.

I am soooo excited for coming blog posts! So many great posts, I'm finally accomplishing things in my life.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

Your reasons for blogging are wonderful. I still think you should use it as one of your 10 hour projects.....

Travis Garrett said...

I adore your blog post. They are a strength to me, and now because of you, i made myself a blogspot today. (:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks