Sunday, November 1, 2009

Family History

I didn't want to post any more today but I have to write about this, and Shelli I hope you are reading this and you will tell Brother Campbell.
We had a lesson in Sunday school about family history and temple work. Now, this is a tender subject with me because on my dad's side of the family we are the only LDS family as far as I know in the entire line, they are all baptists. I know my parents aren't going to do this, so I feel like it all rests on me. With all the hype of not waiting and being prepared and that the second coming is nigh I feel like I should be constantly doing something to prepare myself for it. So I was so overwhelmed I started crying, I just couldn't fathom doing ALL of that family history, plus getting the work done, plus doing everything else I'm working on for my own sanity. It was too much. But I couldn't just do nothing, especially since I found out this is a commandment.
Just for the kicks of it, I asked my dad's mom if she happened to have any family history done. (I don't know a thing about her family, I know her and her new husband, but that's it, no parents or anything. And my dad's dad, I know him and his parents but that's it. And I know not one thing about my step grandparents at all.) Well, she told me that not only would she tell me their information, but she has THIRTY BOOKS full of stories, pedigree charts and records. That means, I really don't have any work/researching to get done, just the temple work, getting them baptized and their names in so they can be sealed.
Now there is a true blessing that brought me to tears yet again today.

2 comments:

Shelli said...

Kaitlyn,
I'm so glad you found this out. You are such a great girl for even thinking that you would take it on if no one else had. I love you!

sjones said...

Way cool Kaitlyn!