Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Random Tuesday

Random Tuesday is getting really hard for me. And Random Tuesday just isn't random if it's planned. So I think that idea is going to be abolished. You'll still see random posts, just, most of my posts are random so they'll be different. Instead, the idea is going to be replaced with Flashback Friday. I'm going to post memories I have and hopefully it will help me remember them when I'm older, since most of my memories aren't in a journal. Hopefully that will be fun to see memories about people I love, maybe some will be about you, and see some of the fun things that has shaped my life today.

So on this Tuesday, here is the last random post.


I love rain.
I love how it cleans the earth.
I LOVE the smell. I love the look.
I think it's beautiful.
I love running around in rain, especially the warm warm rain of Southern Utah.
I love the rainbows and the pureness of everything after it rains.
I want it to rain on my wedding day. I know people think that's bad luck, but it'd be the best for me. As long as it was a light sprinkle, and not a downpour.
I think it's wonderful to wake up with a cloudy day, it makes me feel secure and loved.
I love watching lightening and listening to thunder (as long as I don't get woken up by it, then its scary).
I love seeing the sky light up and feeling the shake of the earth.
Maybe I love it because it's so rare here. It's like a summer treat, the August monsoons. A lot of people say they hate the rain, but they just don't appreciate the cleanliness and beauty of Mother Nature's way of purifying and washing clean our earth. I love the thought of naturally scenting the earth with clean earthy smells. I think this song puts it best.

I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain. I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
That's what rain reminds me of, and what's wrong with being reminded of living the best you can and living with God again?


Picture taken of a road in Snow Canyon Park after a storm.

1 comment:

Travis Garrett said...

I love this!! aww!! your so inspiring! I love your picture too! If it had just been a blue sky, over the park, then it wouldn't have really been worth taking. But where there is the gorgeous dark clouds with blue sky... it is just an amazing memory caught in time. Never will a picture be taken just like that one...