Friday, October 16, 2009

Mint Chip Rice Crispy Treats

Here's the first post! There's soo many people and memories that I could write about, but today I just wasn't feeling the blogging spirit, until I was making my daily blog checks and I found this. In case you don't want to look at the blog, its a recipe for Frakenpops, using mint chips. They are just like chocolate chips, only using mint, and they're green. So, after some background information here's the memory.

When I was 8ish I would go over to my Great Grandma's house. I would help her clean or we'd play connect the dots....or make Mint Rice Crispy Treats. One time is etched in my mind. I was sitting on my grandma's lap doing the connect the dots and she told me that we could make the rice crispy treats. So we get everything rounded up and start making them. She was so kind and patient and let me do most of the work, which made me feel so very special.
We could hardly wait for them to get done cooling and they were so good when done.
From then on it was our special treat, or at least I thought so. I must have made them with her more than once.
This isn't really a big memory, but it's etched into my mind of one of the best with my Great Grandma.
You can be sure more will follow about her.


If you want to make Mint Rice Crispy treats all you do is add a bag of the chips with your marshmellows while melting.

No comments: