Friday, October 30, 2009

In Honor of Halloween

Today's Flashback Friday is a very special post about one of my favorite Halloween events.

When I was probably in fourth grade my great-grandma was staying at a nursing home. That Halloween they decided to have a party, but for some unknown reason my great-grandma didn't have someone to attend it with her (maybe she did, but I was just lucky enough to just get to go, or maybe she requested I go, I don't remember). That year I didn't have a costume ready yet so I was feeling really bad. Right before the party we quickly threw together a witch costume and called it good. At the Halloween party I got to meet all of my great-grandma's friends while eating dinner and treats with them. I just remember the joy of meeting them all, even though I was wayy nervous before I went. At the end of the party they had a costume contest and I won for my age group (a space of five years...I think) and I was so shocked because the costume was so last minute. I remember going up and getting my prize (the Addams Family DVD) and coming back and all of my new old lady friends were clapping for me and saying they voted for me. I was soo happy. I don't remember what happened after this, but that was a pretty good Halloween in my book.

No comments: