Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009

Well, our camera didn't work so I'll have to describe this years costumes

Kaitlyn-Cute Witch:
I wore a black hat with black feathers with little silver strings on it. I had a gray cardigan with a white shirt and a black full circle skirt and gray leggings with black ballet flats.

Steele-Jason:
I made his costume and I was so proud of how it turned out! I took a white tank and rolled it around in some dirt. Then I cut it up and added some "blood". We took a reddish blue plaid button up shirt and left it open so you could see the undershirt. Then he wore some old Levis, his hockey mask, and had a machete

Chloe-Dark Fairy:
We bought her costume at Partyland and it was black with gold star detailing around the bottom. She had on some black leggings and the costume originally came with some fabric for a choker but I talked her into wearing it as a headband for trick-or-treating, which I think looked too cute. We three-barrelled her hair and did "dark fairy" makeup (dark eyeshadow and mascara).

Ande-Tinkerbell:
She had on a purple/lime green tutu with a dark purple crotchet headband with a tulle circle thing that was a barrette, white tights and silver shoes, and of course a magic wand, that she thought really worked. She has just enough broken hair for some cute bangs, and we curled the back of her hair, TOOOO cute. She was a doll. This year Halloween was magical for her. She was running and skipping and talking about "spooky" things. She was soo excited for candy. She would basically go in the houses for it. If they put the bucket down for her to get candy she'd grab a huge handful and go in for seconds and when we'd tell her no the home owners would say "Oh no, she's alright" and give her some more! What a smile she had after that! She'd get scared at the creepy masks but she'd just come and hold our hand and be good. There was one house that was all decked out in zombies and strobe lights but she just had my dad hold her and she was happy, especially since you got a full size candy bar at the end! Towards the end of the night she got really tired and would ask my mom to hold her between houses and lay her head down, but once we got to the driveway, she was up and happy and showed no signs of tiredness to get that candy! Her bucket was the fullest and heaviest out of all the kids.

It was soo enjoyable to see the season through her eyes.
This day was truly magical.


P.S. I'm still doing the gratitude challenge, it's just been things I can't post about, and today's was write about one of your five sense you are thankful for, but I've pretty much already done that in my others, so I don't want to bore you.

No comments: