Friday, August 13, 2010

Piano

Yesterday I was so mad at the piano! I couldn't get anything done it seemed, and I was playing horribly...this was the end point of a long tedious summer of playing the same old songs and not being able to play new ones. I was so frustrated I thought, this is the end....I dont want to try playing piano anymore. Then I had quick inspiration that I was so grateful for. I was reminded how fortunate I am to have my piano talent, Heavenly help was definitely behind it. I've only been playing for 2 1/2 years and I can play plenty of hymns and the Phantom of the Opera. Everything I know, I basically taught myself. I was so grateful and felt so blessed that I was able to remember that and how lucky I was I didnt quit, that decision would have changed my life.
Today, I had a great time sitting at the piano making up songs. When no one is home, I love to sit down and pound away. I came up with a pretty song, it reminds me of the spring when the earth is coming back to life. I doubt tomorrow I'll remember it, but I played a bunch of variations of it today! The feel of piano keys on my fingers was wonderful and the energy that feels my spirit is unreal. I think playing piano like that is what I imagine drug users get from their high, pounding away is my addiction.
I cant wait until more time is between the starting point and where I am, so my talent is more fully developed. I've got a long line of players ahead of me, and I hope one day I can be half of what they were, because they are all amazing! I'm lucky I have many I can ask questions and get support from, because piano is hard.
But for me, piano is so worth it!

No comments: