Monday, February 15, 2010

When Life Knocks You Down

Two buckets were sitting on the edge of a well. One turned to the other
with mouth drooping down, "All I do is go down and come up and go down and come
up all day long. No matter how many times I come up full, I always go down
empty."
The other bucket gavea warm smile. "That's funny," she said. "I do
the same thing. All I do is go down and come up and go down and come up all day
long. But no matter how many times I go down empty, I always come up full"
-Bits and Pieces.

I've been thinking about this and I just thought it was a funny coinicidence that I found this story. I hope that everyone will remember this...I know a couple of people that I should share it with. Remember that with every trial there is a learning experience and it will all work out for the better and we will all be made such better people through all of it. God will only give you as much as you can handle and you just have to turn yourself to him and trust that He will know where that line is. I look back at situations where I thought I'd rather die than go through with what He was putting me through, and those situations are where I have had my life changing growing points that have made all my good qualities today. So if you are ever down just remember, every time you go down you must come up. And when you are up be prepared so that next time you go down it wont be so hard, and you can remember that in due time you'll be up again, and have another chance to prepare.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

kaitlyn. honestly, yesterday, i had one of the biggest bombs dropped on me. and this post just makes so much sense. thank you (:

Kaitlyn said...

well hopefully it helps you and others! and if you need someone to talk to I'm here. (: