Friday, October 9, 2009

Dream

If you don't like graphic or disturbing things, you probably won't want to continue. I just want to have this documented.

We (Chloe, Steele, and I) were at a park and there was a ride. It was a big red "couch" like thing that you sit on with a couple of people. It span you around really quick (in a full circle, going upside down) and so they didnt have seat belts, because of that law of gravity. I don't remember it, kind of like how you can spin a bucket and water wont come out of it. Anyways, so Chloe got on the ride and went around once and was having fun. Well it went to go around a second time and I could tell she was going to fall off but I thought to myself "Oh she'll be okay, she'll know to scoot back on" but then I thought more and more, "oh no, she'll fall off. No she'll be okay, No I better tell her."
Well, the ride started and all of a sudden you hear a body splat on the ground (we were standing on a "stage" so to say and the ride went out to spin, with about a 100 foot drop).
I immediatly panic and I look over and there is Chloe, her skull is crushed and you just see a steady stream of blood coming from around her body. I hurry and look away and scream and run away to my house (we were visiting somewhere, but it was kind of like Idaho. Only the park was were the blue hole was and then the house was like I was visting Celeste's, if that makes it easier to visualize for any of you).
My mom was working so I go and tell my grandpa what happened. We immediatly jump in the car to go get my mom and find out about the situation. I tell my grandpa I felt so bad because I had a feeling I should've told Chloe to move but I didn't. So he yelled at me and said "well that was stupid! You should've listened." (My grandpa would NEVER say this, don't worry).
So we head over and grab my mom, although that part of the dream is blurry, then we go to the park. The medical workers there proceed to tell us that it wasn't their fault, that Chloe had been reading and so she was distracted and she shouldn't have been doing that on a ride. I was furious.
I woke up crying, and then get teary-eyed quite a few times throughout the day. I cried writing this down. I don't know why I'm so shoken up about it. Maybe because it was in color, scientists always wonder about this, but I remember the vibrant reds of the couch and blood. And Chloe's blonde hair. But I think the biggest part about it all is remembering that I could've prevented it and the way she died. How horrible would it be to die while thinking you are on a harmless ride and then falling to your death? I kept telling myself in my head throughout the dream "it's alright, death is only a temporary seperation, I'll see her again". But I couldn't get over the fact that I didn't tell her and she had to fall.

I think the moral or this story is I need to listen to the Holy Ghost and remember how much I love Chloe.

1 comment:

Travis Garrett said...

I concure with what you think the morale is... You hit it right on the head.