Thursday, October 8, 2009

Autumn!!!

YAY FOR AUTUMN!!! I love fall!!!! YAYAYAYAY!
It's the most, wonderful time of the year. In my opinion.
I love making my house smell like cinnamon (only not too overpowering) and berry spice.
I love cleaning and making it feel nice and clean and warm.
I love the crispness of the air.
I love the leaves, and the ivy on the side of my house that turns brilliant shades of orange.
And I LOVE BAKING!!! Oh my gosh, so many festive things to make this season. So far, I've made sugar cookies (ghostly shapes of course) and bread. Then on Tuesday, I decided to experiment. I made sweet and sour chicken. Let me tell you, it was tasty. Only we had brown rice, so it kinda made you feel sick. So I finished it off the next day, with no rice. I can't wait to make cinnamon rolls this weekend! YIPEE!
I'm such a horrible person though. I haven't made pumpkin cookies yet. Shocking, since it's been fall for two weeks now! Most of you probably don't know this, unless you are my grandma and mother, but last year I would make double and triple batches of this delectable treat and it would be gone within a day or two. We ate those like crazy. AND I don't feel guilty at all.
So, today I had the brilliant plan to go make pumpkin cookies. And guess what?!!? I used up ALL the pumpkin. Yes, we had about 10 of those HUGE cans of pumpkin last year. And sadly, I used them all up with those cookies and making pumpkin pies. Can you believe it?! You probably can't, unless you know my grandma, who keeps a very stocked pantry full of cans of food. Yup, I used all of those! So, now I'm gonna have to put pumpkin at the top of the grocery list.



Sorry, I tried hard to make this post funny, and I failed horribly. Please excuse it.

1 comment:

Travis Garrett said...

You are really to hard on yourself. I feel horrible that i commenting on a lot of your post. :O Oh well, as long as you don't mind... I want some pumpkin cookies now, and some sweet and sour chicken (my fav).