Monday, August 24, 2009

Missionary Opportunity...to be continued

Ever since I remember there has been a missionary girl in our ward named Anna Richards *name has been changed*. Nobody has known who it was. One of my young womens leaders has tried contacting her but she has only talked to her mom. So for about two years and a half years she's been a mystery, we always wonder about her at church, but we've had no success.
Well today I met her.
She got on the bus and I recognized her right away. I know her face, I've seen it everyday for the last year, just no name. She asked if she could sit next to me and I said "of course".
She sat down and a girl said "hey, do you know my sister? I saw you talking to her." (This is the youngest of three sisters)
Anna said, "yeah! I could tell you were her sister the second you sat down, you look and sound just like them."
Well, the youngest sister asked for her name and she said "Anna."
It all started connecting in my brain at that point.
So I was looking around, wondering what I could talk to her about. I knew I needed to befriend her at that instant. I knew that somehow I must make at least an acquaintance with her. Being a very shy person, I was nervous about how I was going to make it all work. I quickly remembered the power of prayer. I prayed as hard as I could asking for courage, knowledge of what to say, and acceptance from Anna.
Instantly, I didn't even think about it, I just blurted out "So, what grade are you in?"
From there we talked about school, and classes. We talked the entire time going home, and it wasn't hard for me. It just felt like I was talking to an older girl in my young womens. It was fun getting to know this girl, that I'd all heard about every BYC and planning meeting. I was finally connecting her life to a name.


As she got off the bus she asked for my name and I said "Kaitlyn" and she said, "Thanks, my name is Anna."

No comments: