Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Anders

My 22 month old sister...

We put her down for her nap in her playpen and she wasn't happy. Five minutes later, she walks up to me and says "hold you". Somehow she climbed out of it.

I was sitting on my front porch and we have white pillars holding up our roof. Ande was out there with me and whenever a car went by she would hide behind one and wave to it. Somehow she thought they couldn't see her, but she still wanted to be nice.

After that, she decided to dance all over the porch singing and jumping. She kept running and stopping right before the edge and I stopped her pretty soon after that because I didn't want her getting hurt. But she was sure having fun!

She heard some dogs barking in the background and she looked around with her big blue eyes trying to find them. She started howling, her favorite way to immitate a dog, and kept looking around. Then she looked at me and proudly exclaimed, "Oggy says buwuf". It's hilarious to hear her say buwuf. None of us have said it before, so we don't even know why she says it. I guess it's a mix between bark and woof.

We have a fake cat in some flowers in our yard. She looks at it and says, "meow, meow". Then since it doesn't move or respond she starts to pet it. Then she looks at me with a big worried face. She keeps touching it saying "kitty okay?". After about 30 seconds of this she decides a kiss may help it. After it didn't work, she got concerned and came over to me to take me to it. What a sweetheart.

She now knows how to tell you pretty much what she wants. She will tell you if she's thirsty "baba" (although we're trying to teach her to say drink). If she's hungry, she'll walk up to her highchair and say "up". If she wants to take you somewhere, she puts her palm up and pulls her fingers in. And she points to her diaper if she wants changed.

Her favorite activity is to "bump". She runs to the door every day to get a chance on the trampoline. For awhile she would say "jump" but now, she has changed the word. She runs and runs on the tramp and I get so worried she's going to fall off, so most of the time I don't take her out there.

There you have it, a long rambling post about Ande.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like you have fun with your little sister!

Shailynn Greenhalgh said...

She is such a sweetie! I am so glad she feels better!:)

Edna said...

She is such a sweetheart. I miss her jabber and having her run into see me! It was fun reading and catching up on your blog. I hadn't checked in a while because you hadn't written in a while!

Travis Garrett said...

This was the cutiest ( i don't think i spelt that correctly?) thing ever!! Aww she must be so dang cute!!! :)