Thursday, January 7, 2010

When I Meet My God

While talking to my baptist grandma we got into a conversation of how we would greet our Father in Heaven. Her opinion is He gives us our trials to bring glory unto Himself. I told her I think that His main purpose in not for the glory, although I could be mistaken. I believe He's an unselfish God who loves us so terribly much that'd He'd do it purely for our benefit and for us to gain a body and earthly experience. I just cant imagine He'd want people kissing His feet and praising His name when we return. Rather, them giving Him hugs and saying "thank you" and talking to Him like they'd talk to their father.
She then asked me when I see Him what I will do to show my love to Him. I believe I would give Him a huge hug, sit on His lap and tell stories of my worldly existence, thank Him for everything, and have my life be a testimony that I loved Him. I think He would be uncomfortable with people bowing down and kissing His feet, because He's our father, not an idol. I believe He'd want a huge hug from His child, just like a father here on earth wants that from his child. I think He'd say "Come child, sit on my lap, tell me about your life, and let me teach you."
Now, this doesn't mean that I will be too prideful to bow before Him. I won't know until it happens how it will be to see the face of your creator, the person who gave you your body and life. I may be so overcome with emotions I couldn't feel before that I would do things I wouldn't think of. It's just my own personal belief that He is so unselfish, giving, loving, caring, and wonderful that He'd want His children to gather around Him in thanksgiving and love for a Father, and not in praise and bowing before Him and kissing His feet.
I love my Heavenly Father and look forward to the day of seeing the perfect example of love standing before me. I can't wait to give Him a huge hug and thank Him for always being in my life. I cannot wait to see how everything has turned out. I can't wait for Him to say "Come child, let me teach you.", and spending the rest of eternity learning from the best teacher, the best example, the best and ever constant loving God.


Please look at my sidebar and see that loving picture, that fits in with my life so perfectly, for a perfect visual for my post.

1 comment:

Edna said...

Nice post, Kaitlyn. It's nice to read your testimony.