Monday, November 9, 2009

Troubling My Soul

How do you begin to help a person? When their mom died 2 years ago while she was pregnant, and now their dad's body is taken over by cancer and he's told he has 6 months to live, laying on a hospice bed. Now they will have to move to a new school in California, and they have no knowledge of the gospel, don't know families can be together forever. How do you begin?


My dad's friend is this man, the one dying. His daughter is in 8th grade and his son is in 6th if I am correct. This girl is a social outcast, died her hair black, Walmart clothes, poor hygiene, and people don't like talking to her. Now that is TRUE testimony you CAN'T judge. I can't imagine not being LDS and having your mom die, and now she found out she has 6 months left to be with her dad. I think maybe I'll write my testimony in a Book of Mormon, and highlight some scriptures, and then pull her aside one day in the hall. At the same time, I don't want to be someone pushing religion at this hard time in her life. I don't know how to proceed. Oh I need help!

3 comments:

Mary said...

I think you should go for it. You're reasons are genuine, and really the gospel is what can help her out the most. I know it's scary and you don't want to offend her or make life harder. Just tell her that. Tell her what your reasons are, and you are trying to lighten her load, not make it more complicated.

Way to see and need and have the desire to fill it. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I died my hair black! lol

Mikayla said...

I died my hair black! lol