Friday, October 23, 2009

Gratitude Challenge Day 2

Day 2, use the alphabet to take note of what you're grateful for.

A-Angels. Beautiful spirits watching out for you, prepared to give you guidance and protection when needed.
B-Book of Mormon, the chance to hear testimonies of those before me I love it!
C-Chocolate, has to be there somewhere. Plus the joy Cooking gives me
D-Diligence, Determination, getting things done and being proud of what I've accomplished
E-Eyes! I can't imagine not being able to see this world. Trying to see without contacts and glasses makes me sooo sad, and I still can see color. Can't imagine being blind
F-Family, Friends love that comes from them
G-Grandparents, I learn so much from them
H-Home. A house where I can come home, relax, do my homework, and sleep safely
I-Inspiration. Just looking around and realizing what I can do, or recieving an answer to a prayer I've needed answered
J-Jesus Christ, his ultimate sacrifice and personalized love
K-Kaitlyn, I'm thankful for this body named Kaitlyn, so I can learn and grow and return to my Heavenly Father
L-Life, living, positive attitudes, knowing life is good
M-Music, I have to love the mood music can put me in. I love hearing hymns/calm music that makes me feel good
N-Nice people, they're just a joy to be around
O-(an) Open heart one that is ready to accept love and give love and not judge and give help where its needed
P-Prayer, this one is easy, the opportunity to talk to God
Q-Quiet moments to ponder my life and recommit myself to what I need to
R-Rain, for the kind reminder to be clean and pure
S-School. Did you know only 7% of the world population is educated at a secondary level (7th grade and up) That's something to be grateful for!
T-Temples, all that's done in them, and the beauty it brings to my little town
U-Unified families, friendships, schools, communities, states, countries, world. A dream I (and all of us) can hope for.
V-Vacations, being able to enjoy everyday no matter what and being able to be myself knowing nobody will remember me in the next couple of weeks. And the R & R.
W-www I love being able to stay in touch with family, friends, and meet new people. And being able to keep an electronic journal and find tips to help me in life
X-X-rays? Help get a bone fixed.....since there are only four words in the dictionary that start with that letter.
Y-You out there reading this, that means you care for me enough to read what I have to say, Thanks!
Z-Zippers, zoos, you can take your pick

As I was writing this there was soo many I had a couple for, and I wanted to add them, and for some reason I didn't. Instead I kept changing until I had the best one. This was a great exercise for me. I had an overwhelming spirit of gratitude come about me,
and it was a very pleasant feeling.

1 comment:

Travis Garrett said...

i really, really enjoyed reading this :)