Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Simple Things




Yesterday I put some shoes on Ande and we headed out. She wanted to walk too so I let her hold my hand. Immediately she had a favorite hand and finger. My ring finger, on my left hand.


I loved walking and listening to her gibberish, pretending I knew what she was talking about. I loved seeing her face light up as she looked into the sky and saw bats. When I explained to her what they were she copied me "at at ats". I loved her smile as she occasionally looked up at me. The warmth of my heart as she said "thank you" with the smiles. I loved the expression on her face as she saw a flower and raced over to smell it. How she lifted her hands ever so carefully to pull it to her face, but not hard enough to break it off the stem.

I loved how every time she heard a dog her hand would go to her mouth in shock, she would look at me, then "woof". She would then look around saying "oggy, oggy, oggy". I loved the air that was just perfect. Like there was no temperature perfect. I laughed as I smelled the manure smell from the farm up the road that I have grown up with. I loved feeling the warmth of her hand on my finger as I realized we were going far for a little girl on foot. But the lovingness I felt when I went to pick her up and carry her home and she said "No, No". As we turned around to head back around the block she cried. But realized, we got to see everything we had seen before again. How happy I was that we got to see it all again!


And the tears that came to surface when she saw our house a block down and she started crying and trying to turn around while saying, "No, home please, NO NOO!"




3 comments:

Shailynn Greenhalgh said...

AWWW! I love ande as if she was my little sister! She is soooo Adorable!

Edna said...

Sweetly said, Kaitlyn. I agree, Ande has a way of making ordinary moments very special. She brightens up my days!

I like your new blog!

Travis Garrett said...

This brings tears to my eyes.... I absolutely heart this! I can't wait to be a daddy.. and be married, and sealed to my kids, and my wife...